This page gives you a flavour of some of the things that HPCI has achieved.
You will also be able to see some of our past involvement activities.
- Ensuring that parent participation and co-production are embedded is SEND Children’s Services – this involved dedication, persistence and persuasion on the part of our team of parent representatives and directors over the past 8 years and continues to this day
- Setting HPCI up as an independent organisation and developing our practices, policies etc
- SEND Local Offer website – pushing for the microsite with a fresh look and design. Continually working with the Local Offer team on improving the content – still work to do!
- Working co-productively on the re-design of the Disabled Children’s Service and Transition service into the 0-25 Together Service
- SEN Support leaflet for parents and carers co-producing it with HCC
- Running events for parents on the SEND Reforms, EHC plans, Preparing for Adulthood, Sleep Training, Train the trainer for Expert Parent Carer Programme, Inspired to Work, Legal sessions with Barrister Steve Broach
- Involvement in the regional parent carer forum and regional SEND events
- Providing expert parent speakers to local and national events
- Improving involvement with Health service providers
- Working with HCC to ensure that parents are involved in the commissioning process for SEND children’s services.
- Supporting the team of DSPL parent reps to represent families as effectively as possible on the DSPL area groups
- Setting up Involvement Partners to work more effectively with other SEND related voluntary groups
- Developing new resources for 16+ such as the Learning Pathways document and a booklet for parents on effective transition from special school to college
- Wrote and published a guide for parents on exclusions which is available to download here